Saturday 29 October 2016

Horizon Metaphor Wahooo

I ought to be studying, but here's a quick update anyway...
I'm about to finish school! Isn't that crazy? (It's crazy.) And I looked out to sea and thought, (cliche coming up I warn you) it's like ive been rowin' my lil' boat of life out across the ocean so far, and now im reaching the horizon, like the end of the world with that crazy waterfall from Pirates of the Carribean 3, and I could fall off that edge into some other world, or perhaps if I keep rowing, and build myself a set of wings, I'll fly off the edge into the clouds and rainbows of uncertainty. Nice metaphor? I think so. It motivates me, anyway. I've gotta row really hard, just at the moment, to get these exams done, but after that i get a schoolies and a trip to Europe as a lil' rest from rowing, in which I review my boat and the distance it has taken me, and start getting together my materials to build me a set of wings and float off into the sunset.
So with that, I shall go work my butt off for a few more days. Who knows when I'll next revisit this blog, but disclaimer: all past posts are a record of ways i used to think and re-reading them, I find it tempting to edit out things I now disagree with or am uncomfortable with, but instead, I'm gonna leave it all out here because, hey, character development!

No comments:

Post a Comment